Reply to Amanda@afa-online.org
We need dedicated and reliable vegans and vegetarians to volunteer with Action for Animals at Vans Warped Tour shows!
See Warped Tour volunteer requirements and questionnaire below!
Please read EVERYTHING before responding.
We will be giving out vegan and animal rights information, vegan recipes, stickers, and videos on factory farming and veganism. New this year, we will have an additional booth that will be an education center focusing on what’s wrong with eggs and dairy, i.e. highlighting the extreme cruelty and exploitation of the egg and dairy industries. We will also have vegan, vegetarian, and animal rights shirts, stickers, and buttons for sale. [All merchandise sales help fund our outreach.]
We need volunteers to staff our booth – to give out information and sell merchandise – as well as to pass out information to lines and crowds.
Volunteers will get into the event for free; however if you wish to see bands, you should buy a ticket. We are usually within earshot of one or several stages though.
Already going to a show? You can still volunteer! Just come by our booth at any show and say you want to help out, such as when there are not bands you like playing.
- Be vegan or vegetarian.
- Have a reliable way to get to the event.
- Have or be able to borrow a cell phone to call us when you arrive.
- Be able to arrive at the venue by 10am.
- Be able to stay until we close at the end of the show, usually sometime between 7pm and 9pm.
- Be able to stand outside in the summer weather all day. Our booth provides some shade.
- Be comfortable interacting with people to do outreach and/or sell merchandise.
- There is absolutely NO smoking, alcohol, or drug use allowed while you are volunteering.
Please answer the following questions for us. If you do not answer these questions, we will not get back to you.
- Show(s) you can help at (see tour schedule at http://vanswarpedtour.com/dates):
- Your name:
- Your age:
- Your cell phone number (remember to include area code):
- Are you vegan or vegetarian (which one)?
- How long have you been vegan or vegetarian?
- What made you decide to become vegan/vegetarian? Please elaborate.
- Have you done animal rights outreach before (not required to volunteer)? If so, please explain briefly.
- Have you volunteered with Action for Animals before? If so, please explain briefly. If it was at Warped Tour, please tell us the year(s) and the show/city.
- Can you help all day (this is essential as we cannot transfer passes mid-day)?
- How did you hear about this volunteer opportunity? i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, AFA E-News, forward from a friend, etc.
- What are your Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr URLs? (please list all that apply):
- Can we ship you boxes to bring us at the show [restock of literature, etc.]? (If you aren’t sure, please say no.)
- If “yes” to the above then please provide your address. If we ship you boxes you MUST show up or we won’t have materials for that show.
**We will get in touch with volunteers by email. Please email Amanda@afa-online.org with your responses to the questions from an email account that you check regularly.**
Please be patient while waiting for a response. We receive a LOT of applications and it takes some time to go through them all, but you will receive a response from us before tour starts on June 16.
**Be sure to follow our tour updates all summer on Facebook.com/actionforanimals, Twitter.com/action4animals, and action4animals.tumblr.com.**